Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lemon curd tonight, yummy lemon cupcakes tomorrow...

My Mom and Dad are coming down tomorrow on their way to San Diego. My Dad has to work there for the next two weeks and my Mom is doing a bit of traveling with him. I am super excited because they are bringing some loot from my Mom's shop, an old book case for the girls room, and little rocking chair to re-do, some vintage buttons, some fun fabric, and a rubbermaid container of crafting supplies that was my Grandmothers... I can't wait. I promised them a yummy lunch and a visit with the girls in return. I am planning on making a big sandwich on some delicious focaccia bread, pasta salad and these great lemon cupcakes that I made at Reese's lemon themed 5th birthday party back in September. These cupcakes are my creation and I am slowly perfecting them. Here is a simple lemon curd recipe that I could just eat out of the jar.

you need:
3-4 lemons (zest & juice 1/2C.)
1 1/2 C. sugar
1/4 C. unsalted butter
4 eggs
1/8 tsp of kosher salt

zest three lemons pulse with sugar until the zest is ground up

meanwhile, cream butter then add lemon/sugar mixture until blended, add eggs one at a time add 1/2 C. of lemon juice and salt

place into 2 qt. saucepan

simmer on low until thickened, about 10 mins

remove from heat and cool

I love to store mine in mason jars... too cute and so GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment