Friday, January 8, 2010

Chicken Parmesan

Like Denise, I love to cook. I love food, just ask my butt, it will tell and SHOW you just how much I love food. I cook the way I craft and live, I just go with it. I will read a recipe and then adapt it and make it my own. There are a few exceptions, anything baking related (cookies, cakes, breads...those are a science), japanese white sauce, asian noodles, and anything else that is perfect as is wtithout my tweaking. I invite you to try my "recipes" and experiment on your own to tweak things to your liking.

I apologize for the lack of pictures, I kind of forgot about taking them once I started cooking.

The ingredients: (not pictured - egg, parmesan cheese, mozzerella cheese - they were still at the store during the photo shoot)

That's 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, olive oil, pasta, spaghetti sauce, and Italian bread crumbs.

Cut the chicken into smaller pieces, I find that I can get three pieces per breast half. Dip the pieces in egg and then in bread crumbs.

Fry in olive oil. (Tip, if you add canola oil to your olive oil, you use less of the expensive stuff without losing flavor. I use roughly 2 canola to 1 olive .)
Once the chicken is done, place in a glass baking dish that has a thin smear of spaghetti sauce on the bottom, top with a spoonful of sauce. Use as much or as little as you want. I like the chicken to be covered but not swimming. Top that with as much or as little mozzerella as you want and a sprinkling of fresh parmesan. You could also add some fresh basil, thyme, or other Italiany spices and it'd be delicious!
Bake on 350 until the cheese is melted.

Serve with pasta and extra sauce.
So easy, so yummy and there are so many different things you could do with it. Eggplant parmesan, more spices, different veggies like mushrooms, bell peppers and onions baked w/ sauce and cheese.

Get in the kitchen and have fun and enjoy the yumminess!

1 comment: