Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Busy baking week..

This week I had two potlucks to attend and on a serious mission not to go to the store until Friday I needed to make things with what I had left in my pantry and refrigerator. Luckily I almost always have the basic baking needs, flour, sugar, butter and most of the time eggs, some weeks we go through a lot and some we don't, it just depends on what the girls want for breakfast and how dedicated my husband is at preparing all his meals before work. So, for last nights meeting I made Amish Friendship Bread. It was my first split on this 'starter' and next week I am going to experiment with it, more to come on that. For this mornings meeting I made homemade brownies. Nothing fancy! I did substitute Andies mints for the the nuts. They turned out YUMMY.


the yummy ingredients

the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla

everything but the mints mixed together... I could eat this just like this.


roughly chopped Andies mints

layering them in


I realized I totally forgot to take a picture after I put more batter on top of the mints. Oh well.

The pan is half gone, I hated bringing ANY home.

Guess this means I will have to eat the brownies myself.

Denise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment