Monday, January 4, 2010

2/3 of a hat and fingerless mitten set...DONE!

I am just too excited to not blog about this right now! I finished my first ever fingerless mitten and a full mitten wouldn't have been much harder. I am so proud of myself! I had avoided these because of having to knit the thumb all separate and stuff. It was so much easier than I ever thought it would be!

Anyway, I used my basic hat recipe of casting on 70 stitches (I vary it based on yarn weight and needles) and doing a knit 2, purl 2 ribbing. I wasn't that happy with my decreases and next time will play aroud with it more for a smoother less condom head decrease.

For the mitts, I used this pattern written by Wendy. It was so wonderfully easy to follow and do that I can't wait to do the second one! I used Malabrigo Chunky in the "Little Lovely" colorway.

Without further ado, here are some pictures of the completed project (OK, 2/3 complete, but the other glove will be done by this time tomorrow).

A little 2x2 ribbing.



A reluctant model.

The fnished set. Please ignore the poor quality of the photo. 20 degrees and snowy doesn't allow for much natural light.

Completely coincidental that I'm in pink.

1 comment:

  1. WELCOME welcome welcome to the blog. I am so excited to have you here with me. I love the 2/3 project. LOL. I know you will finish it. The color is great and you look so cute in your picture. I can tell your cold your nose is even a bit pink on the tip. Can't wait to se what you have in store for Three G's in the weeks and months to come. :P

    ReplyDelete