Thursday, December 31, 2009

Quiet New Years Eve only beginning...

New Years here at the Wiggins house has been a nice quiet one, store bought pizzas, s'mores out by the fire, baths, early bedtime for the three girls. Then Craig and I sit down when I realize that we have 4 hours til Midnight. I decide I should be crafting. So, tonight's first project was super simple. I have been redoing the big girls room slowly. Before we left VA I bought the girls new bedding from IKEA. My mom had this great antique dresser that is painted white. I plan to leave it shabby chic white. I just need to get rid of the strawberry decals, does any one have any suggestions? I really wanted to make some sort of runner for it and with some remnant fabrics I sewed up this very simple coordinating runner.
Here are the pictures

The girls IKEA linens

The finished (for now) project. My mom had these great vintage classic children's books in her shop and we thought they would look great in their room.

No comments:

Post a Comment