Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Madelyn's "Daddy" Skirt


Today I read on the calendar at preschool that Friday is "uniform day".  It's a military base, and the preschool is on base, so of course, that means CAMIS!  Knowing that I have a girly girl and not wanting to shell out the money for her own set of camis right now, I chose to use one of Chris' old blouses and make her a skirt!


This skirt is made using only the front panels of the shirt.  The front and back are the front "shirt tails" and the pockets are from the chest and obviously the buttons are...well...buttons.  I had to piece it all together because Chris obviously has a larger chest than Madelyns waist. :)


The pockets are on the sides, here is the side with the US Marines nametape.  The pink waistband was a last minute decision and as you can see in the pictures it is covered by her shirt, so it's no really a design element. Just a splash of girlyness.

Madelyn did not want to remove her purple pants.  She was a very reluctant model.   I have better pictures on the camera but not on the card and I don't know where my cord is.  So this was take 2 of pictures and she was not interested.

 Hop! Hop! Hop!
Finally!  A little bit of cooperation. :)

Linking up to:

6 comments: